Upper Magnetawan River
The ‘Mag’ is a spring canoe trip with the focus on whitewater skills and coaching. Only 3 hours from Toronto, this 3 day, 2 night trip is a great early season wilderness getaway for paddlers with some whitewater experience.
The Magnetawan is a typical smaller Canadian Shield river with lots of Class I, II and III rapids - rocky sets, small ledges and falls, shoots, swifts and big waves. One goal of the trip is improving your whitewater skills in these technical rapids.
The guides will help with your technique, manoeuvers and river reading skills. This trip is a perfect warm-up for those going on a northern Black Feather trip in the summer. Skill Level 2.
Recommended Skill Level And Dates
May 18 to May 20
Guides 5:1 ratio
• excellent meals from Day 1 lunch to Day 3 lunch
• 17’ Prospector expedition canoes
• paddles, PFDs, throw bags, paddling helmets
• tents: free-standing, custom expedition dome tents - 2 per tent
• "kitchen": tarp, fire box, cooking stoves, utensils, dishes, etc.
• containers for food and group equipment
• first aid, safety, river rescue, and repair kits
• communications equipment (satellite phone)
• transportation of guides, group gear, canoes, etc. to and from trip
• van shuttle from Wahwashkesh Lake back to your car