Lower Magnetawan River
Ontario’s Magnetawan River cuts though Canadian Shield country on its way from Algonquin Park to Britt, where it empties into Georgian Bay.
The Lower Mag trip starts at Wahwashkesh Lake, and flows downstream to our take out at Highway 69. It provides pristine scenery, technical, rocky rapids and beautiful campsites. Lots of fun whitewater, including Canal Rapids, Three Snye and Thirty Dollar are interspersed with small rocky lakes and meandering river.
We’ll see beaver, loons, mallard ducks and perhaps a moose or black bear. There will be lots of opportunites for instruction and coaching as well as sharing the camraderie of good tripping companions. Skill Level 2.
Recommended Skill Level And Dates
May 20 to May 24
Guides 5:1 ratio
• excellent meals from Day 1 Dinner to Day 5 lunch
• 17’ Prospector expedition canoes
• paddles, PFDs, throw bags, paddling helmets
• tents: free-standing, custom expedition dome tents - 2 per tent
• "kitchen": tarp, fire box, cooking stoves, utensils, dishes, etc.
• containers for food and group equipment
• first aid, safety, river rescue, and repair kits
• communications equipment (satellite phone)
• transportation of guides, group gear, canoes, etc. to and from trip
• van shuttle to the beginning of the trip