A fun introduction to river canoe tripping skills with a focus on learning basic whitewater canoe skills.
We’ll start and finish at the lovely Pine Cove Lodge on Wolseley Bay. After a short flat water paddling lesson we’ll set off on a 3 day, 2 night circuit on the scenic Upper French River.We’ll stop at a number of easy rapids such as Five Finger rapids and Blue Chute to learn basic manoeuvres and strokes.
We will camp at a different riverside campsite each night. No previous experience is required. Skill Level I.
Recommended Skill Level And Dates
Jul 06 to Jul 09
Aug 06 to Aug 09
Guides 5:1 ratio
• excellent meals from Day 1 lunch to Day 4 lunch
• 17’ Prospector expedition canoes
• paddles, PFDs, throw bags, paddling helmets
• tents: free-standing, custom expedition dome tents - 2 per tent
• "kitchen": tarp, fire box, cooking stoves, utensils, dishes, etc.
• containers for food and group equipment
• first aid, safety, river rescue, and repair kits
• communications equipment (satellite phone)
• transportation of guides, group gear, canoes, etc. to and from trip
• shuttle from the take-out point back to your car at the end of the trip
• The trip is in the French River Provincial Park, and a park fee is charged.