What is included
Your Black Feather trip is essentially all inclusive from the Fort Simpson Airport. We pick you up at the airport on Day 1 of the trip and return you there in time for the flight south on the last day.
The Expedition Package Includes:
Licensed, professional guides at 5:1 ratio.
- Exceptional wilderness menu during the expedition.
- Dinner and Breakfast: Offered at Lindbergs on the last night of your trip.
- 17’ Black Feather Prospector ABS expedition whitewater canoes with knee pads;
- Custom Black Feather nylon canoe spray covers;
- Personal Floatation Devices (PFD’s);
- Throw bags, bailers, rescue lines etc...
- Custom expedition tents; roomy, free standing 2 person dome tents with a vestibule;
- Large waterproof kitchen tarp;
- Expedition’ kitchen’ with environmental firebox, dishes, utensils, etc;
- Canoe packs and barrel packs for food and group equipment;
- First aid and repair kits, and safety equipment;
- Satellite telephone.
Overnight at Lindbergs at Blackstone Landing on the last night of the trip.
- Charter float plane flight from Fort Simpson or Norman Wells to the Nahanni River;
- Motorboat transfer from Nahanni Butte to Blackstone Landing on Liard River;
- Transfer from Airport to Black Feather Compound / Float Plane docks;
- Transfer from Blackstone Landing to Fort Simpson Airport by Nahanni Shuttle van on the last day of the trip;
- Storage and transfer of personal travel clothes etc. from Simpson to Blackstone in time for your trip home;
- Baggage and freight charges for group equipment, food etc.
National Park Fees: ($200 CAD charged separately, includes taxes)
- National Park Fee;
- Nahanni River Trust Fund Surcharge.
Not Included in the Expedition Package:
- Personal clothing and gear (A list will be provided).
- Air travel from your home to the rendezvous in Fort Simpson or Norman Wells, NWT.
- All hotel accommodation and restaurant meals including any required by the delay of our chartered aircraft flight into the river.
- Souvenirs or items of a personal nature.
- Airport pick up, transfers in Fort Simpson, hotel or camping costs and meals should you arrive prior to your trip or depart after the last day of the trip.
- All costs associated with an emergency evacuation from the trip. Travel Insurance is highly recommended.
- Trip Cancellation Insurance, but available through our office.
- Any additional expenses resulting from the delayed departure of scheduled and charter aircraft, road and water shuttles, and any cost incurred as a result of delays to the expedition by factors beyond our control: i.e. high winds, waves, ice, forest fire, high water etc.
- Gratuities for guides (optional).
Available at Extra Cost:
- Paddling suit or wet suit, solo tent and waterproof ‘barrel pack’ for personal gear and clothes may be rented for the duration of the expedition. (Please reserve in advance.)
- Fishing License (Available from National Park office in Fort Simpson.)